It is just early February and already our Oaks have a string of successes.
- Steven Shyaka's internship with the Kigali-based law firm Rwigamba & Rugango Associates & Advocates has been renewed for another year. Also, Steven has been awarded the Winston Fellowship award to attend the 2013 Summer Peacebuilding Institute at the Eastern Mennonite University in Virginia, USA.
- Jeanne Mutoni has secured full-time (paid) employment from her internship employer, Mareba Health Center. Jeanne will continue her studies in the evening.
- Sisters Zingire Namegabe and Neema Namegabe completed their internships and both received glowing reports from their respective employers. They gained valuable experience that we hope will lead to future employment.
- Espoir Magendo passed his first semester in the Information Technology program at the Uganda Christian University.
- Scola Sikitu arrived in Kigali, Rwanda to begin her university career. She was introduced to her new roommate (Delicia) by fellow Oak Steven Shyaka.