Welcome to the "Collaborate for Good" contest!
Winners received a 1-year, 50-seat Blackboard Collaborate room to use to make a difference in the world. Blackboard Collaborate 11 is the newly combined platform that used to be Elluminate and Wimba, and which is due to launch this summer.
Participants submitted a proposal post on the topic of how they would use a free Blackboard Collaborate room to make a difference for their school, their organization, their community, or the world. Proposals were due by July 25th, 2011.
The official rules were:
- To be eligible for the contest, participants had to post an entry on this site.
- Blackboard reserves the right not to publish a post or comment if it should be offensive, negative, or otherwise inappropriate.
- By posting or commenting on this site, participants allow Blackboard to reproduce their post or comment, in part or in its entirety, for the purposes of promoting the contest, the outcome, and/or Blackboard Collaborate.
- Winners were chosen by a committee formed from members of the Blackboard Collaborate marketing team in a non-scientific process, but generous, process.
- Winners are required to sign a $0 sales order with Blackboard for paperwork purposes.
- Winners agree to writing a blog post once every three months highlighting how their project is going.