I'm developing a Carbon and Cost savings calculator for when meetings etc happen via Elluminate/Collaborate rather than face to face.

To save me re-inventing the wheel - has anyone already done this?

Jo

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm guessing that Beth at Collaborate is going to know if this has been done internally (likely) or by someone else.  I'm sending her an email asking her to reply if she can!

Steve

I've already been told by UK Collaborate people that you don't have anything like that - though I think it would be helpful if you did.

I was hoping someone at another university might have developed something....

I think I'm pretty much there now - I'm planning to base it on something provided by another organisation so am just waiting for permission to use and adapt their spreadsheet.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Jo

I reached to Beth but haven't heard back yet.  I do have a memory of something like this being done, but I could be thinking of a pure $-cost savings study.  CoSN.org did a lot of work on energy-saving as part of their Green Computing initiative, and I'll bet Rich Kaestner (the lead) could help you on this--I should have thought of that earlier!  They do have a "calculator," but I haven't drilled down on it.  http://www.cosn.org/initiatives/greencomputing

RSS

The Learning Revolution

© 2022   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service