Sharing Whiteboards

Hi, I am a teacher at a virtual academy and I was looking for other teachers using Blackboard Collaborate  to share whiteboard files with.  Is there any place out there already created for teachers who use whiteboards?  Desperately trying not to reinvent the wheel every day!  :)

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Desiree'

You need to be a member of We Collaborate! to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but since we moved to a slightly different domain, I wanted to post an update on how to get our wbds. It is actually much easier now since on the new server we decided to make a specifically public files section, no Moodle account and log in required for these files. To get them, go to http://www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.org/vhsgfiles/. That is the root level of our public files section. You will see folders divided out by subject area and then topics. Most, but not all, of our courses have run live in Collaborate, so the vast majority of the topics will eventually lead to a folder called "Published". In that will be the folder named wbd where you can get the wbd file. If you use Chrome it might want to run the file instead of download it. If that happens, you can use "save target as" then name the file and use the .wbd extension. There are easily over 1000 K-12 wbd files in our project files. Enjoy.

• Hi Ma'am Desiree! I'm not familiar with the whiteboard. Could you please expound more what's whiteboard? thanks much po Madam!
    - Rolan
  • A new swf file that you may find useful. Go to http://justabitmoore.weebly.com/units-of-length.html to try it out and click the swf download button to get it for your own use. I used it today with my 5th graders as an application share. It can run for individual use on a website as well.

Skills:

English and metric units and benchmarks

Select unit scale appropriate for use

Rounding to the nearest inch and centimeter

• There are fabulous lessons already created on exchange.smarttech.com.  They cover curriculum by grade, subject and country.  Hope this helps.

Voula

• Will these work within blackboard collaborate?  BBC is not necessarily a smart board.  hmmm.. . .I will have to try it and find out.  Thank you.

• Yes, I do have one note.  I am uploading my files right now to box so hopefully I can help you out too. 

• Actually I have One Note 2007.

• I have a bunch for you and can supply your needs throughout the school year. I am teaching 5th grade language arts, math, and history. Do you happen to have OneNote 2010? If you do, that will be a great way to share because then they are organized and you can see my notes for each individual slide and the context.

This reply was deleted.